The Former Cartertown Church Actually functioned as Cartertown Schoolhouse. On September 22, 1957, the people of Cartertown met and organized a Sunday School at 2:00 p.m. each Sunday. A porch and three Sunday School rooms were added onto the church some years later. Over time the Sunday School enrollment increased to around 105. The people of Cartertown Church were growing. They needed more room.
In October, 1977 the church began a new building estimated to cost $250,000. With many donations of time, labor, and money; We only had to borrow $80,000 from the bank. God blessed us, and it was paid off in 2 years and 4 months. Most of the finished work was done by Brother David Montgomery and Cleophas Ogle. The first service in the new building was October 12, 1978.
In the fall of 1994, Omah Kear donated land on which we built a fellowship hall. Which we dedicated to the memory of Willamae Kear. She was a faithful worker in God's Kingdom. Her works do follow her. Now it's used as our Junior Church where we get to reach little Children For Jesus Christ.
During the spring and summer of 2002 Bro. Mitch and the Deacons decided that our church was growing bigger. So we decided to add on and by August we were finished. We had a baptismal, bathrooms upstairs, 2 new class rooms down stairs, a new office, and more storage space, a new steeple, and changed and extended the front of the church. The new addition was paid for on the first Sunday in May of 2004 which also happened to be the church's homecoming day. God works in miraculous ways.